Please join us for the next step in refining the future vision for San Mateo’s recreation facilities. Come to the community workshop to review program options and identify priorities.
Monday, September 25th, 7-9p at King Center
725 Monte Diablo Ave
(con interpretacion de la lenga espanol)
SMC ALERT is an alert notification system used to immediately contact you during urgent or emergency situations. You can set alerts to send emergency and non-emergency text and voice messages to your:
- email accounts
- cell phones, smartphones, tablets
- voice messages to landline phones (home & work)
SMC ALERT is free. (Your carrier may charge you a fee to receive alerts on your wireless device). SMC ALERT is available in all cities and towns in San Mateo County. Please read the FAQ’s for more information.
The San Mateo Patch.com published new report, listing San Mateo Union High School District 26th in the State.
As the 2017-18 school year kicks off, parents and students can see how their school district stacks up against others in the state as Niche.com has released its annual rankings of best schools and school districts in the country.
The 2018 rankings released this month rank elementary, middle and high schools as well as school districts.
In the Golden State, the Silicon Valley area reigns supreme, taking the first three slots on the list of the best districts. The list is led by Palo Alto Unified School District, followed byand .
City of San Mateo Private Sewer Lateral Cost Sharing Program – Begins again July 1st
Please visit the City of San Mateo website for information about the new private sewer lateral cost sharing program, for full lateral replacements only, in effect for the fiscal year (July 2017 – June 2018). Program information is available online.
Please note that funding is limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
[All library programs offer free admission]
– Art Exhibit (1st Flr. Art Gallery): Peninsula Wom- en’s Caucus for Art Exhibit, 1/5-2/27.
– Art 3-D Exhibit (2nd Flr. Display Case): Folk Art of Eastern Europe by Brooks Brager, 1/10-2/28.
– Family Read Aloud Program, 1/23-3/4
– AARP Tax Assistance program, Fridays, 11:15 am- 3:15 pm, starting on 2/3 thru 4/14 [call 650-539-4459 for appointment]
– Love Bites (Teen Anti-Valentine’s Day Party), 2/13, Oak Room, Main Library, 3:30 p.m.
– Paws for Tales (Read-to-a-Dog), 2/13, Children’s Book Bubble, 4:00-5:00 pm.
– Tax Planning Workshop, 2/15, Oak Room, Main Library, 6:30pm. [Call 650-522-7818 to register]
– Children’s Movie: “Secret Life of Pets”, 2/16, Main Library, 3:30 pm.
– Taste for Trivia: Entertainment Edition, 2/17, 6:00- 8:00pm, Main Library [Call 650-522-7818 to register]
Ben Ocón, City Librarian
North Central is a great place to use your bike. The SF Bike Coalition has some great info on riding safely and being a responsible biker.
And FREE cycling classes!