Come meet your neighbors and enjoy some light refreshments (también hablamos español) – all are welcome to join our HANCSM Summer Meeting!
Thursday, July 26, 2018
6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Martin Luther King, Jr. Center
725 Monte Diablo Avenue
- 6:30-6:35 Welcome
- 6:35-6:50 Police Report on Neighborhood Crime & Safety, Lt Mefford SMPD
- 6:50-7:00 San Mateo-Foster City School District Update, Noelia Corzo School Board Trustee
- 7:00-7:20 Library Improvement Plan, James Moore, Deputy City Librarian and Jan Busa, Sr. Management Analyst
- 7:20-8:20 North Central Community Health, Get Healthy San Mateo County, Belen Seara, Senior Community Health Planner
- 8:20-8:35 Upcoming Development Projects & Long Range Community Planning, City of San Mateo Community Development Department, Julia Klein Senior Planner
Everyone is invited to enjoy Music on Mack Family Way this Sunday, July 15th from 3pm to 6pm at 233 N Grant Street. ($20 donation).
The Planning Commission meeting on Tuesday, July 10th at 7:30pm will include a Study Session on Windy Hill’s 406 E 3rd Ave development application. This involves the area between Claremont and part of 3rd, including the area where the KFC restaurant is today. Whether you missed the neighborhood meeting last month in the library, or just want to see the next step in the process, the commission meeting will be a good opportunity to learn more and share your input. (Read the Project Application Materials Online).
The following Neighborhood Meeting Notes were taken by Adam Loraine, Secretary of HANCSM, to share with HANCSM members.
Notes from Neighborhood Meeting with Windy Hill Property Ventures
Re: Proposed Project at 406 E 3rd Ave and 304, 306, 308, 310 & 314 S Claremont St
San Mateo Main Public Library, Monday, June 11, 2018
- About 23 in attendance, including Brittni Barron (Associate Planner, City of San Mateo) and Michael Field (project lead, Windy Hill Property Ventures)
The below are notes taken from Michael’s presentation:
- Windy Hill’s other projects in San Mateo:
- 2 E 3rd Ave (tenants include Motif and SoulCycle)
- The “Endo development” on 4th Ave between Claremont & Railroad
- This project is directly adjacent to the “Endo development” and will connect with it in some ways
- This proposed project will be mixed-use:
- Office density: “about 1 person for every 250 sq. ft. (about 432 employees could work in the building)
- Claims it’s not possible for startups to (want to) use this building, that it would be too tough for them to use it (sorry, my notes on exactly why are unclear here. I believe the reasoning had something to do with the age and design of the neighboring infrastructure (electrical and otherwise) making this not conducive to packing in more employees than the target office density above)
- 108,000 square feet of office space (spread across three floors)
The City of San Mateo’s City Services Academy is a FREE, comprehensive, hands-on learning experience that gives participants the opportunity to interact with City staff and learn about the challenges facing municipal government today. Interactive activities will give Academy participants a better understanding of the evolving principles of the City of San Mateo’s Council/City Manager form of government. Learn more!
When are the meetings?
The Academy will meet from 6:00pm-9:00pm on Wednesday evenings between August 22, 2018 and November 14, 2018. The Academy is FREE to all participants.
Application Deadline: August 10, 2018. Please return a completed application to:
San Mateo City Services Academy
c/o Office of the City Manager
330 West 20th Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94403
4th Annual Family Fun Ride & Bike Rodeo!
Saturday, June 16th 2018
Meadow Heights Elementary
2619 Dolores Street, San Mateo
Bike Rodeo Flyer 2018